Swedish game developer Fatshark has announced the release of the first content drop for Warhammer 40K Darktide nearly two weeks after its debut on PC.
Entitled “The Signal,” the free update adds a new mission, two new weapons, new conditions, and much-needed special sessions.
- At Comms-Plex 154/2f, it’s up to you and your strike team to get to the Comms-plex. Climb to the roof of HL-19-24 Archivum and relay a message to your allies in the Imperium.
- Two new weapons:
- The Indignatus Mk IVe Crusher, a powerful two-handed bomber for the fanatics
- The Achlys Mk I Power Maul, one-handed power for the ogren.
- Private play is now available when starting a mission from the mission board for 2-4 player strike teams.
- Refinement is now available in Shrine of Wish.
- You can now choose to enhance one feature, which will lock other perks.
- Perks in the item card view will show their level with a ♦ number next to the perk ranging from 1 to 4.
- Each action taken in the grant will see a decrease in the cost of resources.
- New condition:
- Hunting grounds: Rejections will have to fend off the growing numbers of smallpox hounds.
The full changelog reveals additional fixes and improvements to the Warhammer 40K Darktide experience. Notably, the instances that lead to crashes should have been reduced.
- The chat window can now be accessed on all loading screens and during the closing cinematic after a mission. You’ll also have access to Mourningstar’s Strike Team chat channel if you invite someone to your Strike Team while you’re in Mourningstar.
- An option to skip the cinematic intro has been added to the options menu.
- Fixed several cases that could cause GPU crashes.
- Fixed a bug where Operators would get mismatched player gear from the server, which could cause a bunch of different crashes.
- Fixed a bug with shooting projectiles VFX crashing when the player left the game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the operator to crash when using weapons under the influence of different attack speed or reload speed buffs.
- Several unspecified crashes have been fixed.