Last year, Prime Matter and developer Mad Head Games unveiled Scars Above, an atmospheric sci-fi shooter with somewhat roguelike elements in the vein of Returnal and other similar games. Well, today at The Game Awards, Prime Matter dropped a new trailer and confirmed its February 2023 release date. The trailer provides a new peek into the game’s spooky world and even more fearsome enemies. You can check it out for yourself below.
It looks like the game has received some extra visual polish since we saw it last year. Want to know more? Check out our hands-on preview and the following official description…
“A huge, mysterious alien structure appears in Earth’s orbit and astonishes the entire world; humanity calls it a ‘metahydron.’” A sentinel Communication and Response Assessment (SCAR) team—consisting of scientists and engineers—is sent to investigate.
Things don’t go as planned and the Metahedron teleports the team through space to a mysterious planet. He played Dr. Kate Ward – a member of SCAR – who wakes up dazed, alone in a strange and hostile environment. Determined to survive, I set out to find your crew and unravel the mystery behind what happened to you.”
Scars above experience:
- Immerse yourself in an exciting sci-fi adventure inspired by the classics of the genre
- Explore a mysterious and complex alien world – with lots of mysteries to discover
- Fight tactically, using a combination of elemental attacks, gadgets, and items, and exploit the environment and enemy weaknesses
- Engage in exciting and challenging enemies and bosses, ranging from massive rock-covered monsters to terrifying creatures lurking in the dark.
- Gaining knowledge and acquiring new skills
- Scan enemies for their weaknesses and behaviors
- Use your scientific skills to conduct research and extrapolate information
Scars Above launches on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5 on February 28, 2023. A demo of the game is available now.