Majority of iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus bids awarded to Bank of England could overtake Samsung as Apple’s largest supplier in 2024

Chinese display manufacturer BOE is said to be getting another lucrative business opportunity from Apple by mass-producing panels for the upcoming iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus. If all goes according to plan, the manufacturer may get a chance to start making high-end LPTO displays for the 2024 iPhone lineup.

Currently, BOE is expected to receive 70 percent of orders for mass production of iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus screens.

In his Medium blog post, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo made several predictions regarding a member of Apple’s supply chain. BOE was previously caught cheating on an iPhone 14 bid order, missing out on a 30 million shipment opportunity, but Apple seems to be a firm believer in second chances. For 2023, the majority of iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus display orders will be fulfilled by BOE.

It is expected that about 30 percent of these orders will go to Samsung in the second half of 2023, while the remaining 70 percent will be provided to the Bank of England. Assuming that everything checks out and that the BOE is able to provide Apple with the quality and quantity required by the latter without conducting any covert activities, there may be an opportunity for the BOE to start manufacturing high-quality LTPO panels for the 2024 iPhone range.

Click on the image of the 6.7-inch iPhone 14 Plus

Kuo predicts that the Chinese company could become the largest supplier of iPhone screens to Apple, beating Samsung in the process, but with two conditions. First, it would need to capture about 20-30 percent of LTPO orders for the iPhone 16 family in H2 2024 while also maintaining a flat shipment percentage of around 70 percent for less expensive iPhone models that same year.

Also Read:  Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 delivers 42 percent improvement in GPU performance and beats Apple's A16 Bionic, Xiaomi claims

Last year, the manufacturer’s display shipments accounted for only about 12-15 percent of the total, while the rest of the orders were delivered to Samsung and LG. Apple is likely to expand its supply chain and give BOE more orders to get better prices from its Korean partners, so its business strategy is spot on.

News source: Ming Chi Kuo Medium blog post

Share this story

Facebook

Twitter

Leave a Comment