Warcraft III: Reforged was supposed to be a great remake featuring all kinds of improvements over the original version, such as improved cutscenes, maps, and campaigns, but in the end, the game was far from being the title Blizzard promised, leaving it to Dedicated fans of delivering on the promises made by the developer.
Warcraft III Re-Reforged aims to deliver on the promises Blizzard made prior to the game’s release. In development for some time, the project features a series of custom campaigns that feature visuals inspired by the game’s trailer, reimagined maps, new secrets, rebalanced difficulty and more. The lore is also expanded upon by adding references from World of Warcraft. The latest version of the project can be downloaded by going here.
- Really redesigned in-game cinematics, with angles, interface, and style that closely match those shown at Blizzcon 2018
- Reimagined maps and missions, with beautiful and easy-to-navigate terrain, modern gameplay, redesigned missions, and more meaningful events, often affecting the following maps in interesting ways
- Detailed and expanded lore, with an all-new finale and playable interludes, with reincarnated characters, meaningful old and new interactions, and many references from World of Warcraft
- Balanced difficulty levels, to make the experience tailored and engaging for every player, with all-new AI scripts designed to give opponents a distinct personality
- Support for multiple languages, including some voice acting for additional dialogues, and all graphics mods are compatible
- New secrets, subtleties and much more… just waiting for you to play!
Warcraft III: Reforged is now available on PCs around the world. You can learn more about the game by checking out Chris’ review, who found the game serviceable even though Blizzard didn’t deliver on everything it promised.
Warcraft III: Reforged isn’t the game that was promised, but it’s still a worthy reconstruction of one of the most influential games in video game history. This release is, unfortunately, riddled with bugs as well as marred by Blizzard’s terrible resolutions, especially the false advertising that now continues even after launch. However, despite this, there is little doubt that Warcraft III: Reforged has a compelling story that, even after eighteen years, remains one of the most engaging in the genre. The gameplay is still going strong to this day and with the tweaks and improvements, this is an undeniable diamond in the rough.