TCL today unveiled the company’s latest and greatest TV, the TCL 98-inch Class XL Collection 4K UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Smart Google TV. The company also introduced its new Q-series Mini LED TVs, which offer brilliant colors, excellent picture quality and incredible performance in the three models it will introduce this year.
TCL launches Class XL range in its 98-inch smart TV and new Q-Series Mini LED displays for 2023
TCL’s Class XL Collection 98-inch Smart TV is powered by the power of innovative Google technology. The new 98-inch TV produces 4K HDR resolution and a wide range of colors using its QLED technology. The new Class XL Smart TV offers Contrast Control Zone technology to improve picture contrast and HDR Pro package featuring Dolby Vision.
Some of the distinctive features of the TCL 98″ Class XL 4K UHD QLED include:
- Superior 4K HDR picture quality
- Wide color powered by QLED technology
- Contrast control zone technology increases contrast
- Hands-free voice control, just say “Hey Google” to get started
- HDR Pro package with Dolby Vision
- Everything you want to watch in one place
- Access to thousands of streaming apps
- Stream to TV with Chromecast built-in
- Easy Voice Control works with Alexa
- AiPQ engine technology intelligently optimizes the picture as you watch
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) provides smooth gameplay
- Auto Game Mode for an enhanced responsive gaming experience
- Edge-to-edge FullView glass design
- Cutting cords is made easy with a digital TV tuner and built-in smart features
- Wi-Fi 6 and Ethernet port
- Natural Motion 480 for smooth clarity
- Easy-to-use voice remote control with shortcuts to common apps
- 4 HDMI inputs (1 eARC)
This new hands-free voice control smart TV responds by saying “Hey Google” and accessing various streaming apps. Google Chromecast is built into the TV, but it will also be compatible with Amazon’s Alexa smart assistant. TCL’s AiPQ Engine technology will optimize the picture as you watch, and variable refresh rates allow for stutter-free gameplay.
For smarter TV contents, the TCL 98-inch Class XL Collection Smart TV uses Auto Game Mode for fast response times while gaming, an edge-to-edge FullView glass design, and Natural Motion 480 for smooth clarity while in use. The new TV supports Wi-Fi 6 and has an Ethernet port for wired access and four HDMI outputs for connecting your favorite consoles and other supported devices. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price is $8,499.99 and it’s available now.
The Q-Series will offer three models: the Q6, Q7, and QM8. The Q6 will offer TCL Quantum Dot QLED color performance, HighBright display, Auto Game mode, and variable refresh rates up to 120Hz. The Q7 will offer many of the same features as the Q6. However, you will upgrade the HighBright display to a HighBright Pro display, Full Array Pro, Full Array Local Dimming, Game Accelerator that features 240Hz variable refresh rates, and AMD FreeSync Premium Pro certification.
The QM8 introduces TCL’s HighBright ULTRA display, which offers a QLED screen type, the same features that come with the Q7, and will be available in a screen size of 98 inches. The new Q series is expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2023. The company has not announced any pricing.
News sources: TCL 1, 2