Season 2 of Overwatch 2 is just around the corner, which will see the arrival of Ramattra, the game’s newest tank hero. Ramatra will essentially be two heroes in one, as he will start matches in his more mobile and tactical Omnic form, but can transform into his heavier and more deadly Nemesis form. The last form will be on the cooldown timer, but you should be able to do some serious damage while it lasts. You can check out the first trailer for Ramattra, below.
Sounds like a solid new option! Maybe he’s too strong – like the most recent addition to Overwatch, it looks like Ramattra might need some balancing passes. Below is a complete summary of Ramatra’s abilities…
“The last tank hero from Overwatch 2 is Ramattra, an all-out, relentless fight for the survival of his people. The first rhythm tank from Overwatch, Ramattra combines different lethal gameplay styles as he switches between Omnic and Nemesis forms.”
- Void Accelerator: Fire a stream of projectiles in a consistent pattern.
- Barrier: Create a barrier at the target location.
- Annihilation – Create a spreading swarm of nanobots that crawl in front of you, dealing damage and reducing enemy damage taken by 50 percent.
- Ravenous Vortex – Launch a nano-ball, which explodes when it hits the ground and spreads a destructive field. Affected enemies are also slowed and pulled down.
- Nemesis Form – Transform into Nemesis Form, change your attacks and gain a shield bonus.
- Pummel – punch forward, creating a wave of energy with each swing.
- Blocking – greatly reduces damage taken from the front and reduces movement speed.
Activision Blizzard has faced a series of lawsuits and other legal actions in the wake of a lawsuit brought by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) alleging widespread gender discrimination and sexual harassment at the Call of Duty publisher. You can get more details about that unfolding story here.
Overwatch 2 can be played on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and Switch. Ramattra will be available as part of Overwatch 2 Season 2, which starts on December 6th.