Fortnite Chapter 4 – Season 1 introduced new map, Battle Pass skins, and cool gameplay features. In fact, realistic boosts are one of the most interesting additions to the game and can affect the outcome of the battle.
Reality boosts are improvements that can help you win the game, and you can choose between two at intervals during each match. If you survive long enough, you will be able to collect four of them and create the ultimate combo. But how do boosts work in Fortnite, and how do they get activated? You can check all relevant information and complete list of boosts in this guide.
How does Fortnite Augments work?
Starting in Chapter 4 – Season 1, you can acquire and activate Fortnite Augments during each match and get unique perks. You can choose between two of them at a time and have a chance to replay them for free once. If you want to spin again, it will cost you 100 gold bars each time. If you reach the final stages of the match, you can activate a total of four different boosts.
You will always see the name and description of each augmentation, so you can choose between them depending on what you need the most. Fortnite Augments are divided into four different categories, which are:
- Game changer
- Navigation and Scouting
There are 22 Augments currently available in Fortnite, but it is likely that more will be added in the future. You can see the list of boosts you have unlocked in the game menu.
How to activate Fortnite Augments
When the boosts are available in the match, you will notice that a countdown will appear on the right of the screen, and you will be able to open the corresponding menu and choose between two random buffs. After that, you need to activate the boost, and its effect will be permanent for the duration of the match until you win or are eliminated.
Activating the new augmentations will not delete the previous perks you have already chosen, as they will be combined with the previous perks. If you survive long enough, you will be able to get four different Reality boosts. However, they will not carry over to the next match but are reset each time a new match starts.
List of Fortnite boosts
Below, you can see the full list of boosts available in Fortnite so far. They are grouped into four different categories, just like in the game.
- Arch specialist – Draw bows and reload faster, and you can recreate arrows over time.
- Demolition munitions – The things you destroy have a chance of dropping explosives. Except for player-made structures.
- The first assault – The first bullet in the assault rifle’s magazine does extra damage.
- Light fingers – Makes your weapons with light ammo reload faster.
- mechanical archer – Receive Explosive Bow and Shockwave.
- amp pistol – Pistols have significantly increased the size of the magazine.
- Recycle the gun – Weapons that use medium ammo have a chance of not consuming ammo.
- Rush to reload – Sprinting will slowly reload your equipped gun.
- Tactical Armory – Grants a rare tactical AR and combat rifle.
- pilot – Gain the ability to deploy a glider.
- Chugner – Receive a stun gun.
Navigation and Scouting
- bloodhound – Enemies hit by archery rifle or bow shots are highlighted briefly.
- Bush warrior – Regenerates health and partial shields while inside the Big Leaf.
- weather forecast – You can always see the next storm circle.
- More parkour – Your energy regenerates for a short time after a cloak or barriers.
- party time – Earn balloons over time.
- High speed racing – Jump much higher with less gravity while running.
- Mark Storm – When the storm changes, ping the area with very close enemies for a short time.
- Supercharged – When you enter the vehicles, you don’t consume fuel and your health increases.
- deceive him – Entering a car or truck to which Chonkers and Cow Catcher apply.
- Geely Angler Get a fishing rod. You can use it to hunt anywhere, but you can only catch jellyfish.
- Splash Medic – You have a chance to find a Chug Splash in every container you open.
If you need more help with the game and don’t have enough V-Bucks to redeem a new Battle Pass or buy new skins, you can check out our guide on how to earn free V-Bucks in Fortnite.