In this article, we’ll show you how to manually save Instagram videos to your iPhone gallery using a third-party app. Additionally, we’ll go through the process of downloading videos you’ve posted to your story.
Saving Instagram videos to iPhone gallery
There are many reasons why you might want to download a video that you or someone else posted on Instagram to your device. Maybe you don’t have time to watch the video right now and want to do it later. Or you want to send a video to someone who doesn’t have an Instagram account. Another reason could be that you want to save a video that you accidentally deleted after posting it.
Saving a video to Instagram is a breeze, but the video is only saved to your “Saved” folder. You can even organize your saved videos into collections. However, the video will not be saved to your iPhone’s Gallery.
This means you can save the videos you’ve posted on your Instagram stories to your gallery. The process is pretty straightforward. To find out how this is done, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Continue with the “Archive” menu.
- Find the video you want to save to the gallery.
- Tap “More” in the lower right corner.
- Select the “Save Video” option.
Your video is automatically saved to your camera roll. You can find it in either the “Recent” folder or the “Instagram” folder in your gallery. Note that this method only works if you want to save the Story video you’ve posted. You can’t save someone else’s story, Instagram.
Another option is to save your Instagram Story video before posting it. To do this, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select “Save Video”.
If you want to save a video that you or someone else has posted on an Instagram feed, there’s no direct way to do it. You can’t even download videos from the Instagram web browser. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. If you want to save Instagram videos to your gallery, you’ll need to use a third-party app.
While there are many apps and platforms that you can use to save Instagram video to your iPhone gallery, we’re going to show you how to do it with TinyWow. It is a handy website that offers a wide range of online tools. For example, you can use TinyWow to unlock a PDF file, remove the background from an image, merge two PDF files, compress image sizes, and more. You can also use TinyWow to download videos from various social media apps like Instagram.
Even though TinyWow is a web platform, you can access it using Safari. Not only is it easy to use, but it’s also free. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Find the video you want to save, whether it’s on the home page or the search page.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the video.
- Select “Link” to copy the video link to your clipboard.
- Go to Safari and search for TinyWow.
- Look for “Instagram Download” in the list of options.
- Paste the URL of the video into the field.
- Click the “Find Video” button.
- Select the “Download” button.
- Continue to “Save to Device”.
That is all. The Instagram video is automatically saved to your gallery. This method works with videos posted by you or other Instagram users.
It’s much easier to use TinyWow on your computer, but then you’ll need to transfer the videos from your computer to your iPhone. You can always download the app from the App Store, but you’ll need to create an account. Some even come with in-app purchases. If you want to skip the hassle of downloading an app, TinyWow is a great and convenient solution.
How to Manually Save Instagram Videos to iPhone Gallery
There is another method if you don’t want to download a third-party app to save Instagram videos to the gallery. You can do it manually. To do this, we’ll use your iPhone’s built-in screen recording feature. If you’ve never screen recorded anything on your iPhone, the process is relatively quick.
To manually save an Instagram video to the gallery, here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. The Control Center menu will appear.
- Tap the screen recording button in the lower left corner of the screen. If you can’t find it, it looks like a circle with a dot inside.
When you tap this option, your iPhone will give you three seconds before it starts recording your screen.
- Open the Instagram video. Make sure the sound is on.
- After the video ends, tap the screen recording icon at the very top of the screen.
- Select “Stop” under “Stop Screen Recording? popup window.
The video will automatically download to your gallery. Because the video captures the moment you enter the app and search for a video, you have the option to cut out those parts. You can also use the crop function to crop the white top and bottom edges of the video. Follow the steps below to see how it’s done:
- Find the screenshot in Photos and open it.
- Go to the “Edit” option in the upper right corner.
- Move the sliders to set when the video should start and end.
- Tap on the crop function in the lower right corner.
- Trim the top and bottom edges from the video.
- Go to the “Done” button in the lower right corner.
Your phone will take a few seconds to save the changes. You can do this with virtually any video on Instagram or any other video sharing app.
The good news is that this method will not reduce the quality of the video. The only part of the video you won’t be able to remove is the username in the top left corner and the three dots in the top right corner. You will also not be able to adjust the mute option in the lower right corner.
If you want to minimize the editing part, make sure the video is ready before you start recording the screen. To be more specific, open the person’s profile, search for a video, and start screen recording.
Save all your favorite Instagram videos
If you see a funny or interesting video on your Instagram feed, you can save it to your gallery for easy access. To do this, you can use a platform like TinyWow, a third-party app, or record it.
Have you ever saved an Instagram video to your iPhone gallery? What app or platform did you use? Did you screen capture it? Let us know in the comments section below.