If you use Snapchat a lot, you might want to know how to remove someone from your best friends list. The app analyzes who you talk to the most and send the most pictures to, and then marks them as your best friend. However, sometimes things change, friends fall out, and you may want to delete that person from your profile.
If you want to change your snapchat friends, we have a solution for you. In this article, we will show you how to remove someone from your best friends list.
Remove someone from your best friends by deleting them
The first option is probably the easiest if you want to completely delete a contact from your friends list. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the app and go to Chat function in the lower left corner of the screen. This will take you to your contact list.
- Select the friend you want to remove by clicking on it Bitmoji profile iconwhich will redirect you to your friend’s profile.
- In the upper right corner there will be three small dots, a horizontal ellipse. Click on them to see options to block or delete the contact.
Removing a friend is a temporary option that will still allow them to message you. Remember, you can add them back later if you change your mind. However, blocking a friend is more permanent. If you choose this option, you will not only remove them from your friends list, but you will also remove yourself from their list. They won’t be able to see your Snap Score again.
Remove one of your best friends by replacing them
This option may also take a bit longer, but is still relatively straightforward.
Just send fewer pictures to the person you want to be removed from your best friends list, while sending more pictures to others. Simply put, more interaction with other people prompts the algorithm to change the status of your contacts.
You can also limit interactions with your unwanted best friend by muting their stories, messages, and notifications.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Return to Chat menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Bitmoji the friend you want to remove and search horizontal ellipse in the top-right corner.
- Under Block and Remove options, you will find Mute game and mini notifications and A silent story buttons. These will help you avoid interaction and speed up the process.
How to remove someone as a best friend on Snapchat without deleting them
Eliminate one of your best friends by tricking the algorithm
If you’re looking for a less dramatic way to remove someone from your best friends list, this method might work better for you.
At the beginning of this article, you read how the Snapchat algorithm works. A simple solution to this problem is to reduce your interaction with the person in question. If you send fewer pictures and messages, the algorithm will begin to track the change and change the status of your best friend over time. You may have to wait 10-15 days for this to happen, but you’ll no doubt agree that it’s a much more refined way of dealing with things.
However, keep in mind that the time period may vary depending on how many contacts you have and how often you interact with them.
Hide best friends on Snapchat
Do not worry; no one but you can see your Snapchat best friends. However, they are displayed on the screen. If you don’t want to see them or don’t want someone else to see them, you can easily hide them from view.
It’s true that you can’t hide who your best friends are Send to someone screen, but you can hide them on Chat screen. Here is the procedure:
By changing the related emojis
If you’re an Android user, follow these steps:
- Open your profile by clicking on yours Bitmoji icon in the upper left corner, and then tap gear icon in the upper right corner, which will open your Settings.
- Scroll down and you should see the option highlighted Customize your emoticons. This option will show you what emoticons your friends are tagged with Super BFFs, BFFs, Beast, Close friend, A good friendetc.
- From there, tap on the emoji you want to change, then select another one to replace it. It can be any emoticon you want, as long as it’s not one already selected for another field.
If you are an IOS user, follow these steps:
- Open your profile and find gear icon.
- Find an option Manage and tap on Friendly emoticons bar.
- Repeat the process in the same way as described above. If you want, you can easily switch back to the old default settings later by clicking on Reset to default settings knob.
Another tip to consider
Did you know you can choose the number of best friends you have on Snapchat? Whether you want to limit it to one or expand it to eight (which is the maximum number Snapchat currently allows), you can quickly change it from the default (three best Snapchat friends) with just a few clicks!
Follow the steps below to find out how:
- OPEN Settings and go to Manage choice.
- Choose # best friends.
- Adjust the number to your liking.
Browsing Snapchat isn’t as difficult as it might seem!
Don’t worry about your Snapchat best friends. Just because you don’t interact with someone on the app as often as you do in real life doesn’t mean you aren’t still good friends. This platform is meant to be fun and interactive, so keep that in mind.
Have you ever removed someone from your best friends list on Snapchat? Have you used any of the methods in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.