Amazon Prime Video needs no introduction; it’s one of the most popular and versatile streaming platforms around. Given its popularity, it can be useful to know how to manage subtitles in Amazon Prime Video.
This article explains how to enable and disable Amazon Prime Video subtitles for Firestick, Roku, Smart TVs, and more. In addition to the quick guide, there’s an FAQ section to help you tweak the look of your subtitles, and there are some troubleshooting tips in case you run into issues.
How to Turn On or Off Amazon Prime Video Subtitles from a Firestick Device
Before playing content, you need to select your desired language.
- While watching a program of your choice, press the 3 horizontal stripe buttons on the Fire TV Stick remote.
- Next, click the up button and select subtitle.
- Then, select subtitle again.
- Now, choose your preferred subtitles.
The aforementioned CC icon will appear in the playback menu whenever you’re streaming video. Use your remote to navigate to the icon and select it. This will immediately enable subtitles for that video only, if you want to turn them off, repeat the process.
How to turn on/off Amazon Prime Video subtitles from an Xbox or PlayStation console
If you’re accessing Amazon Prime Video through a game console, the steps to enable/disable subtitles are the same as described for Fire TV Stick. But instead of using the remote, you can use the console joystick or the buttons and navigation keys on the controller.
How to Turn On/Off Amazon Prime Video Subtitles from a Roku Device
The number of features you can access depends on the device you are using. Roku doesn’t support preset subtitles, but that doesn’t mean you can’t use them. Subtitle settings are changed from the Roku menu. Here’s how.
- Grab the Roku remote and click home button.
- Then, select set up on the left side of the menu.
- navigation Accessibility.
- Next, choose subtitle mode, Then choose one of three options — On, Off, Always, or Replay.
- You can now play the video and press the down arrow button Bring up the info window on your remote.
- A CC icon appears on the right side of the window; select it to enable or disable subtitles.
If you have an earlier Roku device, you can press the Asterisk key on your remote.But on Roku Ultra and newer, you need to pressdown arrow
How to Turn On/Off Amazon Prime Video Subtitles From Android or iPhone
- Manage subtitles for Amazon Prime Video
- Launch the Prime Video app and choose what you want to stream. While a video is playing, tap the screen to access the playback controls. click text bubble icon
in the upper-right corner of the screen, then select Subtitles. If you want to disable them, repeat the operation and choose leave
How to Turn On or Off Amazon Prime Video Subtitles From Your PC or Mac
- Find the video you want to watch and play it. Then, access the playback menu and click the text bubble in the upper right corner of the screen. undersubtitle , select the subtitle language and enable the function.there is one audio
The menu on the right where you can select a different audio language if available.
How to Turn On/Off Amazon Prime Video Subtitles From Your Smart TV: Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sony, Vizio
By now, it’s not hard to guess how to turn Prime Video subtitles on and off through your Smart TV. Play a video, access the playback menu, and select the CC icon to toggle subtitles on and off.
What’s cool is that the Prime Video app is available for all popular TV brands, plus some you may not have heard of before. Here’s how to enable subtitles for Amazon Prime Video on select smart TVs.
- Samsung TV Prime Video Subtitle Control To enable subtitles on your Samsung Smart TV, visit Devicesset up
- . Next, navigate to theAccessibility
- . Then, select subtitle settings and select title
subtitle settings The same menu also featuressubtitle mode .
Feel free to leave this setting as the default. Otherwise, you may affect subtitle playback.
- LG TV Prime Video Subtitle Controls Take your LG remote and presshome button then select settings icon
- in the upper right portion of the screen. choose Accessibility tab at the bottom of the screen and select exist or leave Under the Closed Captioning menu.Now you can go to Prime Video, play what you want to watch, and hit cc icon
Panasonic TV Prime Video Subtitle Controls If you have a newer Panasonic TV, look at your remote, there should be a CC button.press cc button
remote control Those with older models will need to access the TV menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote.After entering, select set up and click OK button.Scroll down the settings menu until you reach CC, then press OK again.choose exist or leave In the CC menu and press OKOK
- Sony TV Prime Video subtitle controls On the Sony remote, tap home button and select set up
- from the main menu. Then, navigate to digital setting and press to confirm the selectionround button
- . choosesubtitle settings , press round button Select the subtitle option you want to use again.To go back, press home button twice, launchgolden video
- Vizio TV Prime Video Subtitle Controls Again, it all starts by pressing a button on the remote.This time, pressmenu button
- . Use the navigation keys to select down closed captioning
- from the menu. choose closed captioning
No matter how you look at it, Prime Video is a force to be reckoned with. Exactly, you’d be hard-pressed to find another streaming service that offers subtitle presets. Combined with an amazing selection of content, Prime Video is truly a top-notch service.
As you can see, Amazon Prime Video is easy to use, well supported, and works with subtitles without any tricks. Still, check out the answers to some questions that might be of interest.
Can I change the subtitle language in Prime Video?
The same popup allows you to change audio playback. However, this option may not be available for all content. Also, availability depends on the streaming device you use.
The subtitles keep coming back. what can I do?
Undoubtedly, stubborn subtitles are annoying. But you should be able to find the culprit and fix it easily.
How to manage subtitles on Amazon Prime Video – Screenshot 15
BTW, restart playback and the subtitles should be gone forever.
Can the text size be adjusted?
Yes, you can resize subtitle text in Prime Video. Access the playback menu and select the text box icon. Under the subtitle pop-up window, there are subtitle setting options.
The layout of the subtitle settings menu may vary depending on the streaming device you are using. But you can choose the subtitle style, which effectively changes the size. And, you can adjust individual features like font color, outline, background, etc.
Can the font size be changed?
You change the font size in the same way as you change the text size. Once in the “Subtitle Settings” menu, select “Font Size” and choose the font that suits your viewing preferences.
How to manage subtitles on Amazon Prime Video – Screenshot 16
Navigate to the Subtitles tab, click the Edit option under Presets, and set the font size that works best for you.
What if my Prime Video subtitles are out of sync?
A quick restart of subtitle or stream playback should fix subtitle sync issues, but it’s not always easy. Some broadcasters use different subtitle formats and you may need to change the settings on your streaming device.
For secondary digital or analog subtitle options, you may need to select CC2 or CC3 under Settings. This usually happens when you want to use fancy subtitles, but you need to double check the broadcaster’s requirements.
Main Video Subtitles
Given the popularity and reach of Amazon Prime Video, you can easily find subtitles in multiple languages for your favorite shows and movies. While you may not find the subtitles you’re looking for today, Amazon is constantly updating what’s available, so check back later.