The Callisto protocol has been launched, and the reaction so far has been mixed, with technical issues on the PC being a particularly sore point. However, developer Striking Distance still promises a full slate of post-launch content (which will hopefully come with some performance patches). According to a newly published post-launch roadmap, players can look forward to New Game+ and Hardcore Mode in February and all-new story content this summer.
Six months of content is coming to The Callisto Protocol starting February 7, 2023, with a free update to Hardcore Mode and New Game+. More details on this and the Season Pass coming soon. pic.twitter.com/43mLjK93IP
– Callisto Protocol (CallistoTheGame) December 1, 2022
- February 7, 2023 – New Game + Hardcore mode, free for all players.
- Season Pass content
- February 7, 2023 – Outway skin group
- March 2023 Infection package
- Spring 2023 Riot pack
- Summer 2023 Story content
A Callisto Protocol Season Pass will set you back $30. Here’s more information on what’s included…
- Outer skin set way: Take on the Outer Path armor, an underground rebellion against the UJC, while fighting to survive the horrors of Callisto.
- Infection package: Discover the ultimate survival horror experience with a new mode, Infection. With low ammo and health, custom difficulty and permanent death – there are no second chances to escape Black Iron Prison or the horrors that lurk beneath Callisto’s surface. The Contagion Pack also includes thirteen new Death of Jacob animations and the Watchtower Skin Collection.
- riot pack: Venture into a previously unexplored area of Black Iron Prison and fight through waves of savage enemies. Collect credits to upgrade your weapons, or forge new ones, and survive the attack as long as possible in Riot, a brand new mode. The Riot Pack also includes twelve new enemy death animations and the Engineer Skin set.
- Story downloadable content: Delve into the terrifying secrets of the Callisto Protocol.
The Callisto Protocol is now available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, and PS5. You can check out our full Wccftech review here.